Questions? Call us Toll Free +1-888-716-2560
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT NOTICE PROCEDURES
To file a notice of infringement with us, you must provide a written communication (by fax or regular mail -- not by email, except by prior agreement) that sets forth the items specified below.
Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that a product or activity is infringing your copyrights. Indeed, such misrepresentation (including, for example, sending infringement notifications seeking removal of online materials protected by the fair use doctrine) can subject you to the payment of legal costs and attorney’s fees (please see http://www.onlinepolicy.org/action/legpolicy/opg_v_diebold/ for more information). The company agreed to pay over $100,000. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.
Please note that we may post your notification, with personally identifiable information redacted, to a clearinghouse such as chillingeffects.org
To expedite our ability to process your request, please use the following format (including section numbers):
• Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works at the Site are covered by a single notification, provide a representative list of such works.
• Identify the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity. Include information reasonably sufficient to permit 9slides to locate the material. Please provide a url for each presentation video. Include the specific slide(s) or page(s) that you claim to be infringing. Say entire work ONLY if all slides / pages are infringing.
• Information reasonably sufficient to permit 9slides to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail.
• Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
• Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
• Sign the document
• Send the document to 9slides designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement. You may use either the address or the fax number given below:
Attention: Copyright Agent
9009 Avondale RD NE
How do I file a DMCA counter notice?
The process for counter-notifications is governed by Section 512(g) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act: http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf
To file a counter notification with us, you must provide a written communication that sets forth the items specified below.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability. Please also be advised that we enforce a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of subscribers who are repeat infringers. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether certain material infringes the copyrights of others, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.
Elements of Counter-Notification
A sample counter notification may be found at: http://www.chillingeffects.org/dmca/counter512.pdf. To expedite our ability to process your counter notification, please use the following format (including section numbers):
• Identify the specific URLs of material that 9slides has removed or to which 9slides has disabled access.
• Provide your full name, address, telephone number, and email address, and the username of your 9slides account.
• Provide a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or any judicial district in which 9slides may be found if your address is outside of the United States), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
• Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled."
• Sign the notice.
Send the written communication to the following address:
Attention: Copyright Agent
9009 Avondale RD NE
What happens next?
After we receive your counter-notification, we will forward it to the party who submitted the original claim of copyright infringement. Please note that when we forward the counter-notification, it includes your personal information. By submitting a counter-notification, you consent to having your information revealed in this way. We will not forward the counter-notification to any party other than the original claimant.
After we send out the counter-notification, the claimant must then notify us within 10 days that he or she has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on 9slides. If we receive such notification we will be unable to restore the material. If we do not receive such notification, we may reinstate the material.
DISCLAIMER: WE ARE NOT ATTORNEYS, AND THE INFORMATION PRESENTED HERE IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, AND IS PRESENTED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.